From Amrit (team Zilliqa)Question of the day: As you may know, we are in the process of implementing staking for seed nodes (which are nodes that do not participate in consensus). I have also been thinking about an extension of this project which is about introducing staking for consensus nodes. The idea that I am fiddling with is somewhat different from a PoS/DPoS network (as I think slashing is not important). As you may know in order to be a node in the Zilliqa network, you have to do a PoW. However, unlike Bitcoin and Ethereum, PoW is not required for every block. In other words, PoW is not used as a consensus protocol but instead as a Sybil resistance mechanism. So, technically speaking, you can replace PoW with any other Sybil resistance mechanism particularly staking. So, in the current model, you have 100% of nodes that do PoW. You can imagine a hybrid model where say 70% of the nodes do PoW and the remaining 30% do staking. Once the network is formed, they will all do PBFT to validate transactions and create blocks. So, the question is the following: if the network has say 2000 nodes in total and if you réserve say 600 of them for staking then, how do you design your staking mechanism? Which one of the following mechanism would you go for and why (support your argument with economic and security implications): 1. Fix the amount that each node needs to stake. Say 1 million ZILs. This allows not-so-rich node to participate as well. 2. Auction the 600 slots to the highest (or rather the richest) bidders. 3. Any other mechanism that you can think of. Do note that in the ideal scenario, you do not want the same set of 600 nodes to join the network. You may want to add some randomness. Thoughts?